Re: LSB bastards

Robert Millan wrote:
> They have absolutely no rights to claim we should provide a way to install rpm's in debian.

Erm, where do they claim that?

Debian has a decision to freely make: Are we interested in allowing
users to install a 'lsb' package which makes their debian system lsb
compliant.

If we decide not to, fine we can even remove rpm (and alien) from the
distribution tomorrow if we decide to. Nobody's forcing us to do
anything.

> Providing a way to transparently install any RPM is becoming fully RPM compliant,

Any rpm != any lsb package. Sigh. Do some research before flaming?

> If we do, then we'll have to adapt the whole directory structure NOT only to LSB,
> but also to Red Hat. And that, sirs, has already a name: fascism.

Godwin.

--
see shy jo