Re: make-kpkg

On 29-Jun-01, 03:25 (CDT), Ian Eure <ieure@debian.org> wrote:

> afaik, make-kpkg just does what you tell it, and has no system to
> automagically increment the kernel revision. you might want to extend your
> script to keep the last revision used in /var/run or something,
> e.g. (in bash)

/var/run is not a good place to store this, as it is cleared on reboot.
I'd suggest someplace in your home directory, or possible the parent
directory of your linux source tree, or something like that. Anyway,
keep it out of the OS's directories.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read