Re: make-kpkg

On 29-Jun-01, 05:46 (CDT), MaD dUCK <madduck@madduck.net> wrote:
> right, except that potato and woody have two different glibc's, and
> while woody is backwards compatible to potato, isn't it preferable not
> to employ this compatibility, but to compile natively?

Uhh, the kernel doesn't link against glibc, nor any other shared
library. (Think about it.) Or is there some other point you're making?

Different compiler versions might produce subtly different code, but
(with rare exception) that won't be a problem.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read