Re: Progreny problems on his list?

Peter Makholm wrote:

> Harald Dunkel <harri@synopsys.COM> writes:
>
> > Is it allowed to discuss problems with Progeny Debian (e.g. the boot
> > CD) on this list?
>
> It might be allowable to discuss development issues about Progeny
> here. User problems should be discussed somewhere else no matter if
> they are based on Progeny or the Debian distribution.

Just let me describe my experience with Progeny so far:

I've got an old PC in the office which cannot boot from CDROM. Fortunately
there is an Adaptec SCSI controller inside, which can redefine the SCSI
CDROM somehow to look like a floppy drive. I could boot the Progeny CD on
this machine, but during the installation procedure it failed to access the
CD. I was stuck. RedHat 7.1 had the same problem.

The Debian boot CD (2.2r2) worked as expected. Excelent work, folks.

Harri