Re: TUX Web Server

Jose Celestino <japc@co.sapo.pt> wrote:
>Thus spake Junichi Uekawa, on Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 06:14:22PM +0900:
>> Brent Fulgham <brent.fulgham@xpsystems.com> immo vero scripsit
>> > Are there any licensing problems that prevent TUX from being in Debian?
>>
>> No idea, please post an URL.
>
>Check this:
>
>http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0101.3/1789.html
>
>> > Has anyone tried it out?
>>
>> I haven't. Please do.
>
>And also X15:
>
>http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0104.3/0788.html

TUX is fine licence-wise as far as I know (it's GPLed), although
packaging it would be major fun with kernel patches and modules. X15
would have to go in non-free at best, as its licence prohibits
commercial redistribution as well as a number of other things [1]. I
contacted Chromium to ask them not to call it "Open Source", and they
posted a clarification to that effect on linux-kernel but haven't
updated their web site accordingly.

[1] http://www.chromium.com/cgi-bin/crosforum/YaBB.pl?board=&action=register