Re: horse carcas flogging (was: traceroute in /usr/bin, not /usr/sbin)

> Not at all. If I'm driving my car and I hear a strange sound coming
> from one of my tires then I look at the tires when I stop my car, I
> am not being a mechanic -- I am simply satisfying a curiousity.

Exactly right, with traceroute the situation is, "hmm...why can't I ssh
to ftp-master?", "I'll think I'll use traceroute to see whats broken?",
I may not be an admin on the machine that I am using, so therefore I in
fact traceroute is *not* an admin tool. Highlighting the FHS, since
traceroute has cause to be run by a non system administrator it should
be placed in 'one of the bin directories'.

Peter