Re: horse carcas flogging (was: traceroute in /usr/bin, not /usr/sbin)

Joost Kooij wrote:
> > A facile argument that has been used far too many times in the past in
> > discussing this issue.
>
> Maybe it is also a good argument, that at least hints at substance.

Maybe you need to look up 'facile' in your dictionary.

> Curious that you still don't understand $PATH though.

I suggest you refer to
<[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.30.0106251647560.29202-100000@tennyson.netexpress.net>.

Maybe you've never experienced a a set of hererogeneous networks
consisting of many hundreds of uniquely-administered linux machines
which you might use once in a year, or once in your life, but I have[1],
and even with handy hacks like
http://cvs.kitenet.net/joey-cvs/home/.zshenv, one can waste far too much
time getting a usable setup on each. Far better if they were usable by
default.

> There is no design after the fact, just hack and kludge.

So you think that the best result we can expect from Debian GNU/Linux
is a pile of hacks and kludges?

--
see shy jo

[1] A combination of working at a large linux company, and being
    involved with a number of transient networks at linux expos.