Re: horse carcas flogging (was: traceroute in /usr/bin, not /usr/sbin)

I swore I wouldn't get into this, but...

On 23-Jun-01, 09:30 (CDT), Richard Kettlewell <rjk@greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> I'm not talking about "random lusers", I'm talking about people with
> leigitimate reasons for having logins on the systems under discussion,
> and legitimate reasons for running network diagnostic tools, who
> happen not to be adminstrators of those systems.

If they have legitimate reasons to be running network diagnostics, then
the *are* administrators. They just happen to not be logged into the
root account. (I hardly ever log into the root account on the systems I
admin...) Why don't they just add /sbin:/usr/sbin to their paths? How
hard is 'ln -s /sbin/traceroute /usr/local/bin/traceroute', or 'alias
traceroute=/sbin/traceroute'. WHY IS IT SUCH A BIG FSCKING DEAL?

sigh,
Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read