Re: A tool to help making (build) dependencies right.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 10:58:13AM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Actually, it's at http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/genbuilddeps/
>
> There is definitely value in merging the two; they each have different
> strengths and weaknesses.  I might try to do so at some point, but
> please feel free to go ahead with it.

genbuilddeps seem better for build-dependencies, but depcheck is more flexible
and can also be used for run-time dependencies, also it lack the libvfork trick
(but it is easy to merge that.)

These kind of tools should be advertised to new maintainers (or maintainers
with new packages), because using the autobuilders for checking
build dependencies is a slow (and rather frustrating) process.

Regards,

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>