Re: What's about a webfrontend to submit bugs?

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 23:22:53 +0200 (CEST)
Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:

> Sure. But I think most people would feel more reluctant to explicitely
> enter their emailaddress in a webform than to send a mail to something as
> inviting as "submit@bugs.debian.org".
>
> Don't you?

I, as a submitter, feel that it's exactly the same thing;

Just say on bugs.debian.org: "To submit big either report it to
submitàdeban.org or use the form linked here"

Then give the form an email like layout, advertise that if the sender
adress given is not correct the bug  may not be considered important,
etc...

You can forge your email adress sending a mail as well as on a web form.
Even the bug reporting tools are not able to use the corect From address.
(I was not abble togive an From adress using those tools, I have to set
some env variable to get it right)

Anybody who understand 2 bits of email and web will understand that its
the same thing.

--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enstfr>