Re: What's about a webfrontend to submit bugs?

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Richard Braakman wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 09:35:44PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > 2. Do as all those 'My barfoo' pages do (signup, confimation email,
> > > login)
> >
> > Have people signup to be able to report a bug? I don't think so. Besides,
> > I wonder how much people would trust us not sending mail they don't
> > want...
>
> We need their email address anyway, to contact them about the report.
> And since the address will be published on the BTS pages, we can't
> guarantee they won't get spammed on it.

Sure. But I think most people would feel more reluctant to explicitely
enter their emailaddress in a webform than to send a mail to something as
inviting as "submit@bugs.debian.org".

Don't you?

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium

Try does not exist. Believe that you will do it, else you will fail.

       -- Luke Skywalker,
       in the trilogy "The Jedi Academy", Kevin J. Anderson