Re: traceroute in /usr/bin, not /usr/sbin

>> Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> writes:

 > Let me repeat this, if you want to argue that traceroute should be moved
 > on the grounds of FHS compliance, then you must move all the other
 > utilities that fall under it, that is, most things in /sbin and /usr/sbin.

 This is from /sbin on my machine at the moment:

MAKEDEV
badblocks
blockdev
cfdisk
debugfs
depmod
devfsd
dhclient
dhclient-2.0.x
dhclient-2.2.x
dumpe2fs
dumpreiserfs
e2fsck
e2image
e2label
fdisk
fsck
fsck.ext2
fsck.ext3
fsck.minix
fsck.nfs
fsck.xfs
genksyms
getty
halt
hdparm
hwclock
ifconfig
ifdown
ifup
inb -- no idea what this is, I can gues, but it doesn't have a manpage
init
insmod
insmod_ksymoops_clean
install-mbr
installkernel
ip
ip6tables
ipmaddr
iptables
iptables-restore
iptables-save
iptunnel
kallsyms
kbdrate
kernelversion
killall5
klogd
ksyms
ldconfig
losetup
lsmod
lspci
mii-tool
mke2fs
mkfs
mkfs.ext2
mkfs.minix
mkfs.xfs
mkreiserfs
mkswap
modinfo
modprobe
nameif
pivot_root
plipconfig
poweroff
rarp
raw
reboot
reiserfsck
resize2fs
resize_reiserfs
rmmod
rmt -- hmm... dubious
route
rtacct
rtmon
runlevel
scanport
setpci
sfdisk
shutdown
slattach
start-stop-daemon
sulogin
swapoff
swapon
sysctl
syslogd
tc
telinit
tune2fs
unix_chkpwd -- this shouldn't be here at all: "<not invoked manually>"
update
update-modules
xfs_repair

 So, which ones shouldn't be there according to the FHS?

--
Marcelo             | "It's a god-eat-god world."
mmagallo@debian.org |         -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)