Re: traceroute in /usr/bin, not /usr/sbin

Craig Sanders writes:
> Richard Kettlewell wrote:

>> So leave a link behind in /usr/sbin.  The point of having things in
>> /usr/bin is to get them onto the default user path.
>
> we've been over this before.  such ugliness does not belong in
> a package.

Where is it forbidden?

I note that there is a precedent in the form of /usr/lib/sendmail.

> adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to the default PATH would be a much
> better solution. not having them in the path doesn't do anything
> useful,

So do that, then.  (And remove the policy that Debian complies with
the FHS).

> and even as "security by obscurity" it's pretty pathetic.

It's nothing to do with security.  I don't know why you're implying
that I think it does.

ttfn/rjk