Re: traceroute in /usr/bin, not /usr/sbin

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 10:21:52AM +0100, Richard Kettlewell wrote:
> Craig Sanders writes:
>
> > traceroute must stay in /usr/sbin because moving it will break local
> > scripts that depend on it being exactly where it has been for the
> > last 5+ years.
>
> So leave a link behind in /usr/sbin.  The point of having things in
> /usr/bin is to get them onto the default user path.

we've been over this before.  such ugliness does not belong in
a package.

adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to the default PATH would be a much better
solution. not having them in the path doesn't do anything useful, and
even as "security by obscurity" it's pretty pathetic.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.