Re: (long) tcpd compilation options and forced reverse lookup

> > /etc/nsswitch.conf
> > hosts:          files  dns
>                          ^^^
> RTFM (nsswitch.conf(5) to be precise)! Remove "dns" or use:
>
> 		  files [NOTFOUND=return] dns
>
> which is nearly equivalent (dns would only be used if /etc/hosts was
> unavailable: makes no sense to me, but...)

  If it was that easy... This change makes name resolution fail if a server is not in the hostfile (a bit too restrictive), but does not improve the reverse-lookup problem at all. I still get reverse-lookups even for localhost.

  BTW: am I the only person to whom it happens ?

Ed