Re: OT: looking for penguin paperweight]

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 10:02:38AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > Anyone know where I can get a 3D copy of the Linux logo penguin?
> >
> > Something large enough to hold open a log book, in the same shiny colors
> > from the printed logo.
> >
> > If not, does anyone know an injection molding company that would take on
> > such a project? (Every LUG should own one ;-)
>
> I would think that it could be a money-maker for one of the CD
> distributors or Linux Journal, etc.

Good idea! I'll check with several of my contacts in that area and see
what can be done.

> I was at a Costco several months ago and they had a $25 package with
> Corel 1.0 and a 3.5 in. tall 3D penguin (soft and too light for a
> paperweight, unfortunately).  I splurged and bought it mainly for that,
> but was pleased to find that it also included WP 8.1 in a .deb package,
> with manual.

Cool! I'll keep a lookout for it here in Tally. Even if it is too light, I
can probably use it to make a mold. Plaster, or the new amalgam used in
all the fantasy figurines would make a substantial paperweight.

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-