PCMCIA on T21

Hello,

when upgrading my new Thinkpad T21 from stable to unstable and
upgraded to Linux 2.4.5, a number of broken things suddenly fix
themselves (eg. suspend not reinitialising hardware on restart.).

However, some minor things are still broken (eg. Numlock doesn't work
properly), and some major things which worked are now broken (mainly
pcmcia).

Anyway, the error is:

scrooge:~# /etc/init.d/pcmcia start
Starting PCMCIA services: modules/lib/modules/2.4.5-686/pcmcia/i82365.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.4.5-686/pcmcia/ds.o: init_module: Operation not permitted
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
 cardmgr.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Previously everything has worked
straight out of the box. However, instead of using pcmcia-modules, I
am using the PCMCIA modules that come with kernel-image-2.4.5-686.

lspci shows:

00:02.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1450 (rev 03)
00:02.1 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1450 (rev 03)

Any ideas?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>