Re: Integration of debian/ scripts in packages

Gergely Nagy <8@free.bsd.hu> wrote:
>Thus spoke David Martinez CSIC RedIRIS <david.martinez@rediris.es> on
>2001-06-08 16:29:55:
>> 	BTW, please, could (you or someone else) point me to any Debian package
>> which make that in a clear way? Or is there any standard way to maintain a
>> separate structure for debianizing-patches and source-patches?
>
>Have a look at openldap2 or lpe (both from sid). They both patch the
>original sources at build time, but in a bit different way.

And I always found that style of packaging almost impossible to
understand, certainly when I just wanted to download the package, unpack
it, make a couple of changes, and rebuild. (Yes, I *know* it's very easy
if you know how, and I know that it's easy for maintainers to handle,
but the point remains.)

I'm very glad to hear that work's being done on dpkg-source that should
(if I understand it correctly) obsolete this hack.