Re: Mozilla 0.9.1 debs Available!

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Chanop Silpa-Anan wrote:

> Once upon a time, I heard Robert McQueen say
>
>> Myth has just completed a full set of Mozilla 0.9.1 debs, which are
>> available here:
>>  deb http://pandora.debian.org/~robot101/mozilla /
>>  deb-src http://pandora.debian.org/~robot101/mozilla /
>
> I've tried it but these packages are pretty odd on my box. First I
> cannot type in the site name in the address bar directly :( I have
> to use the menu open page, and the short cut ALT-L which is now
> ALT-SHIFT-L does not work.  More over, it breaks netscape 4.77 with
> blackdown java1.3 plugin as follow.
>
> Netscape: Ignoring unsupported format code in mailcap file: %{
> INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not load
> /usr/lib/j2re1.3/lib/i386/libjavaplugin_oji.so: linking
> error=/usr/lib/j2re1.3/lib/i386/libjavaplugin_oji.so: undefined
> symbol: PR_GetCurrentThread

We will release new versions (1.3.1, 1.4) which fix this in couple of
days.

Besides that it would be nice if the various mozilla versions floating
around would agree on a standard place for third-party plugins
(e.g. /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins).
Stuff like /usr/lib/mozilla-0.9.1/plugins is too version-dependent.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html