Re: orphaning all my packages

Hi Simon,

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Simon Law wrote:

> 	I'd like to adopt kbackup, as I'm working on it upstream.
> However, I haven't been able to find someone to sponser me in the
> Waterloo, ON, Canada area.  Is it okay just to sign a piece of photo
> ID to get the NM process rolling?

It's perfectly ok to adopt the package before completing the NM process, you
simply need to find a sponsor for your uploads (the sponsor doesn't have to be
local to you).

Digitally signing a copy of your photo ID is not sufficient to satisfy the
identity phase of the NM process; this proves neither that you are the person
in the picture, nor that the key used to sign the picture is actually yours,
so it isn't actually useful for proving your identity. :)

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer