Re: Intent to NMU mozilla and ITP mozilla-cvs

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 05:11:31PM -0500, David B. Harris wrote:
> > To quote racke@linuxia.de (Stefan Hornburg Racke),
> > > This fine for me too, but I suggest to add subsections to non-us
> > > like the ones in main.
> >
> > You mean non-US/contrib, non-US/main, and non-US/non-free, or package
> > categories? (Like x11, web, so on and so forth)
> >
> > David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
> >            Don't panic.
>
> "Subsection" is defined in policy section 2.1.7:
>
> The packages in the sections main, contrib and non-free are grouped further
>  into subsections to simplify handling.
> The Debian archive maintainers provide the authoritative list of subsections.
> At present, they are: admin, base, comm, contrib, devel, doc, editors,
>  electronics, games, graphics, hamradio, interpreters, libs, mail, math, misc,
>  net, news, non-US, non-free, oldlibs, otherosfs, science, shells, sound,
>  tex, text, utils, web, x11.
>
> "Sections" are main, non-free, and contrib. See the rest of 2.1.

IMHO it would make sense to have non-US/web, non-US/mail as well and
put a link to the corresponding main/web web page, so anyone could
easily find these packages, even if they moved recently to non-US.

Ciao
		Racke

--
Master of Swiss Web 2001: http://www.zweifel.ch/

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices