Re: Intent to NMU mozilla and ITP mozilla-cvs

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 05:11:31PM -0500, David B. Harris wrote:
> To quote racke@linuxia.de (Stefan Hornburg Racke),
> > This fine for me too, but I suggest to add subsections to non-us
> > like the ones in main.
>
> You mean non-US/contrib, non-US/main, and non-US/non-free, or package
> categories? (Like x11, web, so on and so forth)
>
> David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
>            Don't panic.

"Subsection" is defined in policy section 2.1.7:

The packages in the sections main, contrib and non-free are grouped further
 into subsections to simplify handling.
The Debian archive maintainers provide the authoritative list of subsections.
At present, they are: admin, base, comm, contrib, devel, doc, editors,
 electronics, games, graphics, hamradio, interpreters, libs, mail, math, misc,
 net, news, non-US, non-free, oldlibs, otherosfs, science, shells, sound,
 tex, text, utils, web, x11.

"Sections" are main, non-free, and contrib. See the rest of 2.1.

--
Andrew Suffield <asuffield@users.sourceforge.net>
Dept. of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK