Re: Some problems getting Atari800 package finished.
- To: Dale Scheetz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Some problems getting Atari800 package finished.
- From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
- Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:51:21 +0200
- Message-id: <20010609185121.J8366@184.108.40.206>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1010609120541.5222R-100000@dwarf>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 12:42:48PM -0400
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1010609120541.5222R-100000@dwarf>
On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 12:42:48PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> 2. The current versions recently added a configuration stage to the build
> process, which asks questions about the target build when configure is
> run. I haven't talked with the upstream about this yet, as I have a
> kludge of a fix working ATM, but I would like to eventually answer those
> questions in a pre-defined definitions file that gets read by
> configure. My problem is that what I know about autoconf/configure is
> almost zero...
Whatever can be found out automatically should be done so, for example by
searching for header files etc (this gives you the install prefix of a
If something is outside the default search path, or reasonable defaults
can not be evaluated, the configure script should provide an option
(--with-XXX, --enable-XXX), and bail out with an error message if this
option is not provided.
There is plenty of example code to pick from how to do this.