Re: Some problems getting Atari800 package finished.

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 12:42:48PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> 2. The current versions recently added a configuration stage to the build
>    process, which asks questions about the target build when configure is
>    run. I haven't talked with the upstream about this yet, as I have a
>    kludge of a fix working ATM, but I would like to eventually answer those
>    questions in a pre-defined definitions file that gets read by
>    configure. My problem is that what I know about autoconf/configure is
>    almost zero...

Whatever can be found out automatically should be done so, for example by
searching for header files etc (this gives you the install prefix of a
library).

If something is outside the default search path, or reasonable defaults
can not be evaluated, the configure script should provide an option
(--with-XXX, --enable-XXX), and bail out with an error message if this
option is not provided.

There is plenty of example code to pick from how to do this.

Marcus