Re: packaging MP3

why are we talking about mp3 or mp3-encode anyway, hjeck even the original
poster of this (joke-)thread said mp3 or ogg data.

If debian were to ship any sort of music, like RMS singing the free sofgtware
song or similar, if we want it in a compressed usic format (sensible) it
should be something open and unencumbered by legal junk, ie use ogg vorbis,
this is after all debian.

Heck ogg-vorbis is easier to handle than wav it could be argued as it is an
open srandard with specs available, wav often is the MS crap or similar or has
convoluted and hiddden headers or all sorts of problems (like MS compressed
wavs and such)

        See You
            Steve

--