Re: packaging MP3

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:34:28PM +0400, Peter Novodvorsky wrote:

> Hello!
>
> What about packaging MP3/OGG files? Debian has packaged dictionaries,
> books, pictures. What about music? There is some music I'll gladly
> ITP. (of course  it will go  to non-free, but still...)
>
> Nidd,
> waiting for mp3s from gdlive.com appearing on all debian mirrors.

Our archive is too large already. Documents, although discouraged
already, do not take up much space. However, a single CD would comprise,
what 45megs? I think that music doesn't belong in the archive, for the
sake of music. I mean how hard is it to download a .mp3? it's not like
it has to conform to some standard location on the harddrive or
anything. It doesn't need to be packaged, with dependencies.

Ben