withdrawal of svgalib1 (libc5 compatibility version)

Dear all,

Does anybody actually need the old libc5 compatibility SVGAlib
libraries any more?  They do still seem to build OK, but not all of
the newer drivers compile against the current set of header files
shipped with the Debian libc5-altdev package: rather than introducing
more complexity, if nobody is using these any more (and they are very
old!) there seems little point in keeping them around.

I checked the package database here, and there don't seem to be any
dependencies on this package, so Debian-wise at least they are
unused.  I don't know if there's anywhere else I should check, or if
anybody knows of big users of these.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Andy