Re: packages in main and non-US/main

Why do packages have to be removed from main just because a newer version is
in non-US/main? I know althea, my package, is in both, but version 0.4.4 (the
newest in main) is just as usable as version 0.5.1 (the version in non-US)
except for the omission of IMAP-over-SSL support and a few other bugfixes.
No security flaws have, to the best of my knowledge, been found in version
0.4.4. Why, then, is it being removed? I know the proper solution is to make
a non-ssl package and an ssl package, and I'm working on automating that for
future releases (I'm basing my work off of fetchmail/fetchmail-ssl - anyone
have further advice?).

Althea is an unimportant package, being an IMAP email client with no
distinguishing features other than simplicity, so this isn't a big deal, but
as a matter of policy I thought I should inquire.

Please CC me on replies - it works better with my procmail filters that way.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org