Re: debconf failing with perl_5.6.1 [was: Re: Installation of perl-base_5.6.1-2 fails]

mdz@debian.org (Matt Zimmerman) writes:

> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 07:35:54PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > > dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/apt-listchanges_1.49_all.deb
> > > (--unpack): trying to overwrite directory `/usr/share/locale/gl' in package
> > > mutt with nondirectory
> >
> > As should that. Is this similar to the problem with perl the other day with
> > dpkg warning it replaced a file with a directory or something?  IIRC, perl's
> > maintainer thought it was a dpkg bug.
>
> It may also have something to do with apt-localepurge, which Paul is using.
> Otherwise, it's quite the coincidence that this happened with the locale
> files in particular.

I just purged apt-localepurge from my system and still keep getting
these errors.  Actually it makes me wonder that these error message
seem to have popped up only recently, because i use apt-localepurge
without any problem whatsoever literally since end of march this year.
BTW i found one recent posting in debian-devel complaining about
probably the very same problem: "<[🔎] 01052809185503.20880@DoomMachine>".

                                Good night, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------