Re: debconf failing with perl_5.6.1 [was: Re: Installation of perl-base_5.6.1-2 fails]

Paul Seelig wrote:
> But obviously now debconf (and in consequence apt-listchanges?) seems
> to have a problem with perl_5.6.1:

perl 5.6.1 broke some things which debconf was using, and I have had to
work around them. That was fixed in debconf 0.9.57 which went into the
archive before perl 5.6.1 did..

> debconf: Perl may be unconfigured (Can't modify goto in lvalue subroutine return at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Base.pm line 24, near "}"

That's a typical problem with the old debconf and the new perl.

> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/debconf_0.9.61_all.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite directory `/usr/share/locale/fi' in package gnome-control-center with nondirectory

I hae no idea what this is. /usr/share/locale/fi should, of course, be a
directory.

> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/apt-listchanges_1.49_all.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite directory `/usr/share/locale/gl' in package mutt with nondirectory

As should that. Is this similar to the problem with perl the other day
with dpkg warning it replaced a file with a directory or something?
IIRC, perl's maintainer thought it was a dpkg bug.

--
see shy jo