WM (KDE) themes - current plan

Okay, so I'm going to go file the ITP now.

My current plan is to:

1. Actually package the themes, at least until an alternate method for
packaging data (as is being discussed) comes to fruition.  By no means do I
plan to package kde.themes.org; this is a nice set of themes (same author,
same source) that can get people started.  I'm not doing a theme installer
just now; it would be quite some hassle keeping the installer in sync with
the remote sites, and the remote server for this theme set has its own
problems.

2. Bundle the 39 themes into 5 binary packages.  This was a compromise aimed
at having #packages small but keeping the split meaningful.  Currently the
packages will be -matte, -metallic, -neon, -pastel and -sweetpill.  Each
package contains a set of themes of (broadly) similar feel, and the window
decoration themes and widget themes in each package work well together.

Furthermore, the upstream author plans to make more themes for the next
release, and (s)he has verified that they will fit into those categories
nicely; thus as #themes increases, #packages should remain fixed.

COPYRIGHT ISSUES:

John Galt raises an important point here.  I've posted small shots of all the
themes at http://people.debian.org/~bab/themes/ and I would love if people
could take a glance and point out any obvious copyright violations.  Some
themes are original, some are based on IceWM themes according to the author's
comments.

Thanks,
	Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

If one tells the truth, one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out.
	- Oscar Wilde