ITA: devfsd

I recently offered to assist Tom with devfsd by either sending patches, doing
an NMU, or taking over the package.

Tom decided that for me to take over the package will result in getting the
bugs fixed soonest, and I am now doing so.

There is already a new package in incoming which fixes some of the most
annoying bugs in devfsd.

Also one issue I am currently considering is what to do regarding some of the
backward compatibility sym-links that devfsd currently creates.  It creates
links for devices which most people don't have and which are not critical
devices (their presense or absense will not affect the boot of the system or
the ability to login).  These include video4Linux devices and SCSI CD-ROM
devices.

Creating these devices on boot causes some performance issues (see bug report
92183).  I believe that I can get these links created automatically on module
load and save them cluttering up /dev (and wasting time at boot) for those of
us who don't own such hardware.

Also I welcome any patches for the devfsd package, I doubt that I am able to
solve all the bugs.