Re: Woody upgrading problems, LILO and debconf

On 20 May 2001, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

>John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:
>
>> If it's the same point you and Branden have been trying to hit for the
>> last year, it's bogus, not operative.  It's classic _ad hominem_.
>
>No, it's not _ad hominem_.
>
>We want to know who you are.  I don't respect people who see the
>inexplicable need to hide, and the more you do so, the more convinced
>I am that you are *ashamed* of your true identity.

Not ashamed, just not willing to reveal it.  You may rest assured though
that my real identity is much more boring than my "galt" identity.

>And that's an interesting thing, and it colors everything you say.  I
>can think of several possible reasons for your shame, and for each of
>them, it does cast doubt.

Those that need to know, do so.  Those that have no need and ask are given
the derision they deserve.

--
Galt's sci-fi paradox:  Stormtroopers versus Redshirts to the death.