Re: Woody upgrading problems, LILO and debconf

On Sun, 20 May 2001, Russell Coker wrote:

>On Sunday 20 May 2001 11:04, John Galt wrote:
>> >Or is it just more fun to flame me after I've resolved it?
>>
>> Now that you mention it...it IS kind of cathartic flaming you after the
>> fact, but catharsis is not much good at undoing damage, just in making you
>> feel better about things after the fact.
>
>I have been doing some web searches on you.  I have been looking for any
>positive contributions you have made.  I have not found any reference to any
>software you have written, you do not develop any packages for Debian, and
>you don't seem to provide any helpful messages in any mailing lists.

*yawn* this tack again?  You're getting about as repetitive as Branden...

>John, in summary you seem to be a useless person with no positive
>contribution to make towards Debian or towards the world.

At least I don't have nearly as many negative contributions on my slate as
you...  How many people have accused me of breaking their system in the
last year?

>Are you paid by Microsoft to be disruptive?  Or is this just an outlet for
>your sociopathic personality?

Which is more disruptive and worthy of aspersions of having a paymaster in
Redmond: one who does nothing but bitch and moan (and, I might add,
occasionally gets things right) or one who actively disrupts
hundreds of linux systems every week?  Remeber that this started as a half
joking conspiracy theory implicating you in actively shanking lilo to push
people to grub.  Perhaps Perry had it wrong: perhaps your ultimate goal
is NT bootloader.  But if you wish, my present job is sort of due to
Redmond in a backhanded sort of way: you see, my Uni wants to get into
Linux in a big way because Redmond cut them off from the money teat... So
most of my local LUG is being offered jobs by said Uni.

--
There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million
keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare