epsilon away from a release

'lo,

Both autoconf and automake are said to be close to making a new
release.  They have been threatening this for over a year now, of
course, but there is some reason to think that at least autoconf will
appear in the coming weeks.

There are "release candidate" tarballs for both autoconf and automake,
and I'm about to make a debian package of them for my own purposes.

I don't believe that these new versions should be uploaded to
"unstable", but it would be useful to have .debs widely available for
other developers to check that their package will still build.  I
wonder if someone is already making available .debs of these alpha
versions.  If nobody is already doing this or planning to do this, I
will do so.

Comments?
-Steve

--