Re: Location of Modifiable Scripts

Hi

Steve Greenland schrieb:
> /etc/misterhouse works for me, but there's been recent complaints
> about the size of /etc. How big are the files? 1-2K would probably be
> acceptable, especially as misterhouse probably won't be on a large
> percentage of Debian machines...

4k is a very sensible limit IMO, since it's the default
allocation unit of most filesystems (instances, not
implementations) in use that don't support fragments/tail
merging. AFAIK dh_installdocs only compresses documentation that
is bigger than 4k for this reason.

ciao, 2ri
--
<Tv> We are debian.org, resistance is futile, you will be apt-get upgraded.