Re: Maintaining kernel module packages?

Robert van der Meulen <rvdm@cistron.nl> writes:
RvdM> Quoting David Z. Maze (dmaze@debian.org):
 DZM> I've adopted and uploaded the lm-sensors package, and dealt with the
 DZM> more pressing bugs against it.  At this point, I've uploaded the
 DZM> "accessory" packages and lm-sensors-source; I haven't built modules
 DZM> for any of the prebuilt kernels, though.
RvdM>
RvdM> According to my answer to '<20010408220842.I20408@kitenet.net>', on April
RvdM> 10 (debian-devel) , _i_ am adopting lm-sensors, as well as i2c..

Hmm.  Joey Hess filed bug 93350 against the wnpp package to orphan
lm-sensors; Lenart Janos retitled it to an ITA, which I took to mean
that he was picking it up.  This was on Fri 13 April; I contacted him
on 11 May, and got permission from him to take over the package.  Your
name doesn't seem to be anywhere in the bug log.

(Incidentally, Joey orphaned i2c in bug 93351; Lenart tried to adopt
it, but retitled it to "ITP" rather than "ITA", and the bug got closed
because the package already existed.  Oops.)

Correct procedures for orphaning and adopting packages are described
at http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/; there's a link to this page from
the Developer's Reference.

	-- Abra Mitchell