Re: wishlist for dpkg

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Petr Cech wrote:

> > Oh, I am not obliged to use apt in any case, am I?
>
> of course, you're not. but then it requires some work from you.

I think, that dpkg should make every possible effort to check the
integrity of packages. This must not be done by apt(-get) only.

There may really be a couple of situations, where one would use
dpkg -i, e.g. if you'd like to update only security relevant
packages or just update a single library.

Of course there is not really a problem, if the package is not
so "important" for the system to work.

  Ulf