Re: eterm: Home and End don't work

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 02:52:04PM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:
> reopen 97139
> thanks
>
> Please don't close this bug until it is actually fixed.  (No, an addition to
> README.Debian doesn't qualify as a fix.)

Au contrair, it usually does.

> As far as the Eterm terminfo entry, this is not sufficient for anyone who is
> not running unstable on every box.  Some of us actually need to be able to
> login to machines of different architechtures and have things work.  Just
> because upstream did something braindead doesn't mean that Debian users
> should have to suffer.

Care to present an alternative?  Documenting this problem seems to be
the only reasonable solution, every time it appears, usually re xterm
itself.  I have actually got a slightly better plan brewing in my mind,
but I need to hash it out with Thomas Dickey and the other terminal
type and terminal emulator maintainers.

> Also, it doesn't appear as though the package is even installing the Eterm
> terminfo entry on the local box -- programs like mutt and vi are not
> recognizing it as a valid terminal.  I'll be filing a separate bug regarding
> this problem.

It's in ncurses-term.  Eterm will need to depend on ncurses-term, or
request that it be moved to ncurses-base (which I'm not sure I want to
do).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team