Re: Packages not making it into testing

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 11:43:52AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > Note that binary only recompiles should be versioned as either:
> > > 	5.4.6-3   -> 5.4.6-3.0.1
> > > or	5.4.6-3.1 -> 5.4.6-3.1.1
> > Perhaps a silly question: What't the correct versioning for a binary NMU
> > of a native package with version 1.2.3? A source NMU would have version
> > 1.2.3-0.1 (according to the Developer's Reference), so should a binary NMU
> > have 1.2.3-0.0.1?
>
> The usual thing to do is to number it as:
> 	1.2.3 -> 1.2.3.1 (NMU)
> 	1.2.3 -> 1.2.3.0.1 (arch specific recompile)
> ie, appending a ".0.1" to the source version.

The Developer's Reference says something else about source NMUs:

<--  snip  -->

7.4.1. Source NMU version numbering
-----------------------------------

     If there is no <debian-revision> component in the version number then
     one should be created, starting at `0.1'.  If it is absolutely

<--  snip  -->

It doesn't matter for me if the version would be 1.2.3.1 or 1.2.3-0.1 but
it should be consistent (that means when 1.2.3.1 is right the
Developer's Reference should be corrected).

> Cheers,
> aj

cu
Adrian

--

Nicht weil die Dinge schwierig sind wagen wir sie nicht,
sondern weil wir sie nicht wagen sind sie schwierig.