What's wrong with wmaker and wmaker-plain?

I've been stopped in my most recent attempts to upgrade my systems by
apt-get insisting it will remove wmaker and wmaker-plain.

It does this on both my Intel Woody system, and my Sparc Potato system.
Any attempt to do an "apt-get dist-upgrade" declares wmaker and
wmaker-plain are to be removed, even when I set them on HOLD using
dselect!

If I'm not mistaken, wmaker is the window manager that I am currently
using, so I'm pretty sure that I don't wish to remove it.

Can someone explain why I should let apt-get remove these packages? More
to the point, how can I proceed to upgrade the rest of the system and not
mess with these packages?

TIA,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-