Help request for Slang

There are currently some problems with the slang1 packages (1.4.4-2)
The last revisions added a patch to support UTF character encodings.
This seems to cause problems in some applications depending on where
they are being run, if they have been recompiled etc.

Unfortunately right now I don't have the time to spend to figure it
all out.  I do have time to make patches, run tests, upload new
version, etc. but given that I know very little about UTF, character
sets, etc. I lack the time to figure out from a higher level what
needs to be done.

Can someone help out?  Most of the information is available in the BTS
and I can help too.  Perhaps slang need to be split into regular and
UTF-8 versions.

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Mintha                                       Email: jim@ic.uva.nl
System Administrator                              Work: +31 20 525-4919