Re: script for on-disk configuration file backup

* Matt Zimmerman

| IMO, setserial should be changed to use /var/backups, since that is the
| FHS-blessed place for such things, and it tends to have more space available
| than /etc.

? It is?

According to the FHS in debian-policy 3.5.3.0, it says:

      5.  The /var Hierarchy

[snip]

       Several directories are `reserved' in the sense that they should not be
       used arbitrarily by some new application, since they would conflict with
       historical and/or local practice.  They are:

           /var/backups

Asking because I'm adopting cfengine, and it includes /var/backups and
lintian flags that as an error.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.