Re: mailq's fake output

On Sun, 6 May 2001, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Another change in sendmail = another little problem :)))
>
> Seriously: few days ago mailq isn't runnable by normal user, as Richard
> told me.
> Now the things are changed, if an user (even if he is a member of mail
> group) run mailq he always get:
>
>   /var/spool/mqueue is empty
>                  Total requests: 0
>
> even if there are mails in the sendmail queue !!!
>
> I'm talking about sendmail 8.11.3+8.12.0.Beta7-6, it this problem fixed
> in -7 version ?

Dunno, not sure what your problem really is...

Show me `ls -al /var/spool/mqueue` and `mailq` output.

Keep in mind that there are two queues, and mailq does *not* show
/var/spool/mqueue-client, so any mail therein will not show up in
`mailq` output.  If you want to see both, for the nonce you must:
`/etc/init.d/sendmail mailq`.

--
Rick Nelson
<_Anarchy_> Argh.. who's handing out the paper bags  8)