netscape in unstable and mouse capture

Hello,

As usual I has several windows open. In one window, I had a list
of options to select, which involved opening up a window with a list
of selections I can choice.

At the same time, Netscape popped up a dialog box for another window
"you are now loading a secure page". However, the mouse was still
being captured by the pop up window, so I could not push the OK button.
At the same time, I couldn't make a selection in this pop-up window,
because Netscape required me to push OK at the first dialog box.

So feeling a bit irritated, I went to a text mode console, and killed
netscape with -9 (as the standard kill never seems to work for
Netscape). Now the mouse is still captured, and I can't access
anything other then this E-Mail program. (Is this a bug in
xserver-xfree86 that netscape is now dead, but the mouse is still
captured, or is that an unavoidable side affect of kill -9?)

Is there anyway of resolving this situation without killing the X server? Sorry, I am currently typing blind, as this window is hidden by another window, and I can't change it, so lets see how it comes out....

--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>