Re: Debconf and substitution in long description

Simon Richter wrote:
> The templates file says:

>  You have installed the uprecords-cgi package. That means that a new CGI
>  script has been installed, which is now visible to the outside world as
>  http://${hostname}/cgi-bin/uprecords.cgi ...
>
> The config script has:
>
> hostname=`hostname --fqdn`
> db_subst 'uprecords-cgi/install_note' hostname $hostname
> db_input medium 'uprecords-cgi/install_note' || true
>
> While this may not be a really important place, I'd still like it to
> work. Any ideas what might be wrong?

I see nothing wrong with this, it should work.

joey@silk:~>cat foo.templates
Template: uprecords-cgi/install_note
Type: note
 You have installed the uprecords-cgi package. That means that a new CGI
 script has been installed, which is now visible to the outside world as
 http://${hostname}/cgi-bin/uprecords.cgi ...
joey@silk:~>cat foo
#!/bin/sh -e
. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
hostname=`hostname --fqdn`
db_subst 'uprecords-cgi/install_note' hostname $hostname
db_input medium 'uprecords-cgi/install_note' || true
db_go
Configuring

uprecords.cgi has been installed into the webtree
You have installed the uprecords-cgi package. That means that a new CGI script
has been installed, which is now visible to the outside world as
http://silk.kitenet.net/cgi-bin/uprecords.cgi ...

Perhaps hostname --fqdn is failing? Try DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer

--
see shy jo