Re: Packages not making it into testing

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 02:35:03PM +0200, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> Quoting Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>:
> > + roxen-fonts-iso8859-2 uploaded 399 days ago, out of date by
> > + roxen-fonts-iso8859-1 uploaded 399 days ago, out of date by
> These are fonts. Why should they be 'out of date'?!

Because they're not installable.

> Reason why these haven't made it into testing is the same as for:
[...]

Indeed.

> > 	roxen isn't up to date on poweprc, and needs the source patched
> > 	as described in 81648
> [...]
> > + imho uploaded 370 days ago, out of date by 360 days!
> > 	imho depends on roxen, which needs fixing as above
> There are NO problems with ANY of these packages... The problem is that
> they depend on 'roxen|roxen2' and roxen2 can't be built on SPARC/PPC.

The problem is that roxen doesn't build on powerpc, and that all the
other packages are arch:all and depend on roxen (or roxen2, which also
doesn't build on powerpc). Accepting any of them means adding packages
that are uninstallable on powerpc.

The fix to get roxen to build on powerpc is (or at least was when I
looked at it) quite trivial. It's just a matter of using varargs as ANSI
specifies rather than as i386 and a lot of other architectures allow. It's
described in bug 81648 which has been open for over 100 days...

Cheers,
aj