Re: SGI's xfs

hi,

On May 2,  8:34pm, Rahul Jain wrote:
> Subject: Re: SGI's xfs
> On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:03:09AM -0500, Nathan Scott wrote:
> >
> > In addition to Ed's kernel debs and the XFS userspace - ie.
> > xfsprogs, xfsdump, attr packages - you'll also want a recent
> > mount package (supports mount by-UUID and mount-by-label for
> > XFS, documents the XFS mount options, no need to use "-t xfs"
> > with mount, etc); and also the latest quota package which
> > supports XFS's notion of journaled quota - which Michael has
> > just uploaded to unstable in the last few days.
>
> And, as another note, the ACLs in XFS need support from the SGI acl package,
> which I don't believe has been put into unstable by Nathan yet. However, the
> source from SGI is debianized, so building debs should be quite simple.

Yes, in fact I don't expect to put that version of the ACL
userspace into unstable ever ... that would likely cause
versioning headaches & general confusion (moreso) down the
track.

wrt ACLs, current status is that XFS and the ext2 ACL patch
have different system call interfaces which make it a
one-or-the-other-but-not-both situation.  There are people
working on a fix for this, and it looks like Dominik Kubla
has begun working on packaging up the ACL code that will
actually go into Debian at some point.

Andreas sent this update to the ACL list just yesterday...

--- Forwarded mail from Andreas Gruenbacher <ag@bestbits.at>