Re: (OT) Storage (8*IDE HDs) any experiences?

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 11:21:49PM +0200, PiotR wrote:
> Also I didn't understood why Alvin said "If one PS dies you are dead" I believe it will only fail to power those drives attached to them.
This would only work in a raid >=1 setup.  You'd have one one drive on PS1,
and its mirror on PS2

md0= hda & hdc
md1= hde & hdg

hda & hde on PS 1
hdc & hdg on PS 2

I really wouldn't want to create a setup like this myself.  You should
really have a power supply that can handle all of your devices, and a backup
PS that isn't used until needed.

Mike