Re: ITP: serpento -- dictd server written in python

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 09:04:29PM +0200, Radovan Garabik wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> serpento is a dict (RFC 2229) server
> written in python.
>
> I am the author, package is already ready and being
> duploaded.

Cool. The description will mention the differences between it and
dictd, won't it?

> License: GPL, with the addition: It can be linked with
> whatever you want, without any restrictions.
> (so that I can have a module in C there.. sigh)

There's much cleaner ways of doing this, if you just want to link
with one module. If you send a more detailed description to
debian-legal, I'm sure we can give advice. If it's just Python,
I'd say "with the exception that it can be linked with Python".
The LGPL is about the same as your current license, but a lot
clearer.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and