Re: How to block spam (Re: SPAM:come on dream world..)

At 02 May 2001 16:10:35 +0200,
Roland Mas wrote:
> Michael Piefel (2001-05-02 15:58:27 +0200) :
>
> > Am  2.05.01 um 22:46:46 schrieb Tomohiro KUBOTA:
> > > Do you think inhibiting all non-ASCII (including ISO-8859-1
> > > aka Latin-1) is too strict?
> >
> > Oops. That would block my mail because of my signature. I'd say let all
> > of Latin-* through, it will just cause a few `?' on the readers side.
>
>   If we start filtering according to charsets (which I'm not really
> sure will provide any effectiveness against spam), I will oppose any
> scheme that filters out Unicode messages.  It's hard enough getting
> people to switch to UTF-8, there's no need to provide them with an
> excuse to stay with their own charsets.

Yes, it is too radical to block anything except US-ASCII.

I'd been talking about SPAM in Japanese language only.
I only say nealy all of mail which has iso-2022-jp in Content-Type
header can judge as SPAM.

P.S.
Of course we can block these mail by procmail rule if we use Unix
system. :-)
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org